Quick and Easy Black Forest Cake
Do you enjoy Black Forest Cake, but always dreaded the work involved? How about trying this quick and easy Black Forest Cake adaptation? Using a simple chocolate cake mix and a can of cherry pie filling you are quickly on your way to preparing this easy and scrumptious Black Forest Cake. Only you will know your secret of how easy it truly was to make. Yummy!!
This can be otherwise be known as a “dump cake” because of the simplicity of making it. These make great cupcakes too. Simple recipes is always a goal here at Free Stuff 4 Daily Needs. We want to make life easier and cost efficient for you. This is a recipe that even if you attend a local food bank and end up with a cake mix and the can of cherry pie filling in your box–you now know you can whip up a cake for royalty.
Always looking for ways to empower you towards a hope and a future.
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 can Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 tsp Vanilla or Almond extract
- Chocolate Icing
- Maraschino Cherries for garnishing
- Grease a 9 x 13 cake pan.
- In a large bowl, crumble cake mix into small pieces.
- Add remaining ingredients. DO NOT BEAT, only blend until batter is moist.
- Pour into the cake pan and bake at 350 F with rack in middle for 30-45 minutes OR bake in bundt pan for 1 hour.
- Frost with chocolate icing. Top with maraschino cherries.
Makes 12 pieces.
Recipe from: Free Stuff 4 Daily Needs Cookbook , page 174
Recipe contributor: Catharina Cragg