Montreal Spice Chicken and Veggies
8-12 oz baby carrots
2 Celery stalks2 Chicken Breasts
1 cup Water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make sure oven rack is on the lower level.
- If the chicken breasts are frozen then defrost slightly
- In a small roast pan, spread the baby carrots on the bottom.
- Dice or slice 2 celery stalks and spread on top of the carrots.
- Place the 2 chicken breasts on top of the vegetables.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon (or more to taste) of Montreal Chicken spice generously on top of the chicken breasts and the vegetables.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of the roast pan.
- Cover the roast pan and place in the oven. Set timer for 1 hour. **If fresh chicken is used, then set the timer for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve it up!
Makes 2 servings of Chicken with 1 cup of vegetables.
Nutritional Information: – 1 serving
Protein 38 g
Fat 2.3 g
Net Carbs 14.5 g
Fiber 6.4 g
Recipe by: Theresa Buker of Free Stuff 4 Daily Needs
can be found on page 93 of the Free Stuff 4 Daily Needs Cookbook titled: Easy Montreal Spice Chicken
- Pour the leftover spiced water mix into an ice cube tray. When frozen, remove and store in a container with a lid or zipper freezer bag. Use it as chicken stock for soup.
- Store the vegetables in a container with a lid in the freezer. Add to homemade chicken soups or other types of stews.
- Decrease the carrots to 4-6 oz in total.
- Increase the celery stalks to 4.
- Continue to bake the same as above.
- Net Carbs count will be reduced to 11 g for 1 cup of mixed Celery and Carrots.