Lemon Smoothie Cheesecake
This is an easy dessert to prepare. It is cool and refreshing in the summer months. Also a helpful tool for those desiring to reduce or control their weight. The satisfying effect of combining whipped cream, cream cheese along with the hint of lemon flavoring is enough to take the edge of a hunger attack and satisfy the evening sweet tooth. By putting the cheesecake in mini tart pans you can control the portion size, and by using a small teaspoon, you can savor every smooth mouthful. Enjoy !!
12 Aluminum foil, mini tart pans (can be found in local dollar stores)
¼ cup ramekin dishes
2 Tbsp grated lemon peel
¼ cup boiling water
1 cup 35% whipping cream
3 pkt sugar substitute
1 ½ pkg cream cheese, softened
- Grate 2 Tbsp lemon peel into a small dish.
- Pour ¼ cup boiling water over the grated lemon peel and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whip the whipping cream and sugar substitute until stiff peaks form.
- Set the bowl in fridge until needed.
- In another medium bowl, whip the cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add grated lemon peel and water. Make sure water is now tepid. Too hot and you’ll melt your cream cheese.
- Mix well.
- Grab the bowl from the fridge. Add the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture. Blend well.
- Spoon into mini tart pans or ramekin dishes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Can also be placed in freezer for up to 1 month.
Makes 12 servings
Nutritional Information per mini tart pan or ramekin dish:
Protein 2 g
Fat 13 g
Net Carbs 1 g
Recipe by: Theresa Buker of Free Stuff 4 Daily Needs