Baked Montreal Spice Tilapia
Baked Montreal Spice Tilapia is an easy and inexpensive meal to whip up for you and your family. A bag of frozen Tilapia fillets contains an average of 9 fillets. At $10 a bag, that works out to about $1.11 a portion. Just add a quick salad and you have a complete nutritious meal. A meal that is less than $2 a person.
1 frozen Tilapia fillet per person
1-2 lemons, sliced (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Have the rack on the bottom level.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the required portions of Tilapia fillets on the foil-lined baking sheet.
- Generously sprinkle the Montreal Spice Chicken Seasoning on the Tilapia fillets.
- If desired, place fresh lemon slices on top.
- Placing lemon slices on top like this, allows the heat of baking to have the lemon flavoring, gently permeate the fish. However, if you don’t have fresh lemon, you can sprinkle a little bottled lemon juice on top. Or omit the lemon or lemon juice altogether.
- Cover the baking sheet with another piece of aluminum foil.
- Place in the oven.
- Set the timer for 40 minutes.
- While the fish is baking, prepare a quick salad by placing some lettuce on each plate.
- Next, dice and divide various other vegetables, such as a radish, plum tomatoes, slices of cucumber. I like to add a little chopped cheese too.
- Then just drizzle a little of your favorite salad dressing on each plate.
- When the oven timer goes off, remove the baking tray from the oven.
- Carefully remove the top piece of aluminum foil.
- With a fork, carefully lift off each piece of lemon from the fish.
- With a spatula, carefully remove the Tilapia fillet from the baking sheet and place one on each person’s plate.
Easy Cleanup & More Tips:
- Easy cleanup involves, toss the lemon pieces and baking tray juices into your organic compost.
- The aluminum foil can be recycled in most communities.
- As well, if you are looking for a little extra cash flow, you could look into saving metals. Metals such as shred (tin cans), or higher quality metals (aluminum foil or cans).
- Then locate your local scrap metal dealer and sell them your scrap metal.
Every dollar counts.
Total Servings: 1 Tilapia fish fillet per person
Nutritional Information Tilapia portion (113 g):
Fat………………………….. 0 g
Net Carbs………………… 0 g
Fiber……………………….. 0 g
Protein…………………….. 20 g
Recipe by: Theresa Buker of Free Stuff 4 Daily Needs