Welcome to Free Stuff 4 Daily Needs!
Founded by Barry and Theresa Buker in 1999 as an external expression of our love for Jesus–we started a humanitarian aid service to our community which is still operated and contained within our home.
We assist over 2,000 people every year whether they need a bed, appliances, clothes, or just a simple can opener. These are items that are donated to us by other caring community members.
In 2016, due to insistence from our local clients, we expanded into the blogging world to help YOU too!
This is a place of resources where we will share our wisdom and experience with you so that no matter where you live or circumstances–YOU will become EMPOWERED towards a HOPE and a FUTURE.
Through these articles and referrals, our goal is to share with you what we have found to work (and what doesn’t–so you don’t have to make our mistakes). In addition to basic budgeting, recipes, and more–we are going to strive to take you to the underlying causes and solutions of the Poverty Issues that exist in North America and elsewhere. We will share with you, how we, as ordinary citizens, are fighting back against Poverty in our own community, and now through the internet, to help you fight Poverty in your own life and those lives around you too.
And like many blogs, we use affiliate links–however, these are products and services that we are personally using or recommending because it has and is working for us. To check out our full Affiliate Link Policy, click here.
Now that the legal mumbo-jumbo is dealt with–let’s move on to HOW we can help YOU.
Topics will include:
YOU will find articles covering a wide range of topics and issues from:
- Poverty Issues and Advocacy. homelessness, duplication of services, lack of services, cost of living, wages income, and ultimately how ordinary citizens can make a difference.
- $$ Struggles. Bare bones budgeting when you’re broke, strategies to improve circumstances, how to shop, how to make $$ back when you shop, budget issue vs income issue.
- Recipes +. We all eat–these recipes will be basic home comfort foods taking into account you may be using food banks to feed your family. Or maybe you’ve never learned to cook–these are simple, economical recipes. We will share our tips on stretching food and emergency substitutions when you do run out of something.
- Faith Matters. sharing our faith and love of Jesus is very important to us too. His Love to us, makes us want to share it with others.
- How to Blog. As we learn more about the sharing world of blogging,we desire to extend that wisdom to you too! So feel free to check my own blogging journey out.
- Other Topics and Articles. These will grow out of our interactions with YOU–after all, this blog is to help EMPOWER you towards a HOPE and a FUTURE.
So, join our email list to keep in touch with all the latest news. (Psst, we’ll start sending you some freebies right away. But after signing up, you may need to check your junk mail to find the “confirm” message. Until you confirm, we can’t send you those freebies. As well, you will start to receive our weekly email newsletter too.) Join our community now!
Who are we?
Firstly, as mentioned previously, we are followers of Jesus.
Next, we are just ordinary people who have had our fair share of hardships and struggles.
Life is going to knock you down–but will you stand back up? Let us help show you how we are standing back up. You can be EMPOWERED towards a HOPE and a FUTURE.
Let’s travel this journey of life together, shall we? We look forward to getting to know you too as we share our wisdom and experiences with you.
“As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.” — 1 Peter 4:10 KJV
Do your reside in our region?
If you happen to live in our region and you need more face-to-face assistance, here is our brochure. This brochure outlines the basic humanitarian aid we may be able to provide to you.
Working together to better the lives of our neighbors close and afar. God bless !